Are you itching to join a team of people who will help you gain experience in all areas of accounting? Are you bright, hands-on, and driven to learn?
You’re exactly the person we want to talk to.
As the Accounts Receivable Analyst at STAT, you’ll be supporting the finance and administration teams. You’ll be responsible for— and assisting in— a multitude of financial tasks, including the monthly processing of customer invoices, collections, and year- and month-end closing.
In order to be successful in this role, you need to be an excellent communicator, exhibit superior attention to detail, and change your middle name to Accuracy. OK, that last part was a joke, no name change is required, but you do need to pride yourself on accuracy.
This role reports to the Financial Controller.
- Produce and deliver invoices to customers through our internal billing systems and customer portals.
- Set up customer's account as per sales contracts on timely manner.
- Process daily collection of payments, including credit cards, cheques, wire payments and Paypal and apply against customer accounts.
- Address requests from the Client Success team within the company and external customer inquiries while maintaining customer relationship.
- Reconcile AR balances across different accounting systems.
- Assist with monthly financial statement preparation and presentation.
- Monitor aging report and contact customers regarding outstanding invoices, through emails or phone conversation.
- Investigate and resolve invoice posting or payment process errors.
- Prepare bank reconciliations for accounts that are mainly used for collections.
- Pro-actively contributes to and implements continuous improvement initiatives.
- Other accounting duties as assigned
- Minimum two years experience.
- Accounting diploma (working towards CPA would be an added bonus).
- Understanding of revenue recognition criteria, foreign exchange accounting policy, allowance for doubtful accounts.
- Experience with QuickBooks.
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel, and generally computer savvy.
- Advanced written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
We're a Vancouver-based software company that’s been growing steadily over the last five years, with no signs of slowing down. Our product is a complex, distributed system that gathers, analyzes, and delivers high-volume SEO analytics data for our enterprise clients, fresh every day.
STAT is privately owned and 100 percent revenue-funded, with a roster of happy clients that includes some of the world’s largest online companies. We work with some of the coolest brands in the world. Check them out at http://getstat.com/our-clients.
A few side benefits of working here:
- A relaxed and welcoming work environment.
- Opportunities for travel, further education, and career growth.
- Flexible hours.
- And more! Ask us about the rest.
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in growing a young, profitable company.
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not long hours (a good work-life balance is just how we do things).
- You’d like to work somewhere where you can wear your old hoodie—or your crisp new suit—and nobody is going to mind.
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking.
- You want to work alongside people who are easy-going, friendly, and helpful.